Volunteer Jobs, Service Points and Obligations
- BMFA players that have registered in a competitive season are required to make a commitment to support BMFA through volunteering.
- BMFA families that have multiple children registered with BMFA will not be required to commit to more than 50 volunteer service points.
- Families back up their commitment to volunteer by agreeing to pay an amount pro-rated to the amount of their service points that they DO NOT complete - up to $250 if no volunteer service points are completed.
- Families can choose to 'buy out' their entire service points obligation if they have no intention of completing the points.
- Volunteer Guarantee Amount cheques must be submitted before the player receives equipment or participates in any on field events.
- Families have up until the end of November in each season to earn their points, after which the balance of incomplete points will be due at a rate of $10.00 per missing point.
|Programs ||Service Points Commitment ||Guarantee Amount ||Buyout |
|Mites ||0 ||N/A ||N/A |
|Novice ||25 ||$250 ||$200 |
|Atom ||25 ||$250 ||$200 |
|PeeWee ||25 ||$250 ||$200 |
|Bantam ||25 ||$250 ||$200 |
- Families can earn volunteer service points by signing up for and completing jobs through the Volunteer tab on the BMFA website.
- When BMFA posts a volunteer opportunity it is assigned a number of service points that go toward the family volunteer obligation, provided the job is complete.
- When the family completes the job, they will sign completion paperwork and a Board Member or Coach will note that the job has been completed and the service points will be credited toward the obligation through the Volunteer Coordinator.
- If the job obligation is not met by the end of the season, an amount pro-rated to the number of incomplete service points will be due. For example if a family has only earned 20 out of 25 points, they will be charged on December 1 for the unearned 5 points ($10 x 5 points).
- If the amount due is not paid by December 15, the guarantee amount cheque will be cashed.
- A penalty may be assessed to the family if they sign up for a job but do not show up without reasonable notice to the event manager.
BMFA is an active organization that will provide many opportunities throughout the year to meet volunteer service points requirements. To make it as easy as possible for you to participate, the job signup system is completely online. You will be notified via email when jobs become available for signup.
Generally, the BMFA Board will attempt to provide at least a month's notice for job signup's. The Volunteer Coordinator will post the jobs online, each clearly marked with a service point value. Depending on the event, the types of jobs may vary. Of special note: on field duties such as running the time clock or sticks are NOT part of your BMFA volunteer commitment, they are a team requirement and will be organized by the team manager.